23andMe is all about real science, real data and genetic insights that can help make it easier for you to take action on your health.
DNA insights are an essential part of your health picture.
No doctor required: 23andMe cleared by FDA for at-home DNA tests
by By Alessandra Potenza, Apr 6, 2017, 2:24pm EDT, The Verge
23andMe can now tell its customers if they have genes linked to 10 diseases or medical conditions, including late-onset Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and celiac disease — without a doctor’s involvement. The company’s DNA analysis service is the first direct-to-consumer test to receive approval from the US Food and Drug Administration, the FDA announced today. Read more …
AMONG HEALTH CUSTOMERS SURVEYED:*
- 76% reported making healthier choices
- 55% reported eating a healthier diet
- 51% reported setting healthy goals
- 45% reported increasing exercise
*Based on 2019 online survey, designed by 23andMe and M/A/R/C Research, of approximately 1,000 23andMe Health + Ancestry customers.
Know your genes. Own your health.
- Health Predispositions*Learn about Considerations and Limitations for Health Predispositions Reports, Carrier Status Reports and Genetic Health Risks
Learn how genetics can influence your chances of developing certain health conditions.
- Carrier Status*Learn about Considerations and Limitations for Health Predispositions Reports, Carrier Status Reports and Genetic Health Risks
Know your personal story, in a whole new way.
- Ancestry Composition
Discover where in the world your DNA is from across 2000+ regions — in some cases down to the county level.
- Family Tree
- DNA Relative Finder
- Ancestry Timeline
Know what makes you, you. Explore your traits.
- Physical Features
Discover what makes you unique. With reports like hair photobleaching and freckles, learn how your DNA can influence your physical features.
- Taste and Smell
- Weird And Wonderful