Classic Dazor Fluorescent Series of task lights. Dazor’s 30W Fluorescent Series provides abundant light over a large work area with the benefits of a stylish and energy-efficient design. 30W Clamp Base Task Light (43″). This piece is indeed a classic Yankee ingenuity. Do you want to own history?
- Provides abundant, even and shadow-free light over a broad surface
- Features Dazor’s patented floating adjustable arm for smooth and easy positioning of the lamp to any position for a total reach of 43 inches
- Fully enclosed counterbalance spring for dust-free operation and low maintenance
- All metal construction for rugged, heavy use environments. Weight 12.00 lbs!
- Sturdy mount can be clamped or bolted to a horizontal surface
- Durable powder-coat finish
- Certifications: UL, cUL, CE
- (Proudly) Made in the USA at St. Louis. MO factory
- The modern replacement product from Dazor costs over $350.
- Time tested model 2134 vintage design
- Lamp Clamp Model P-2134 included
- Bonus: Bundled with vintage Dazor OEM Polariod Filter model F-570
Compatible Bulb Types
- Cool White (4100K) – “warmer” light output
- Full Spectrum (5500K) – “whiter” light output
- Daylight (6500K) – “cooler” light output
History of Dazor
Dazor’s history started in 1938 when Harry Dazey teamed up with Washington University professor Albert Perbal, to create a company that would manufacture lamps. Harry Dazey began his career by producing butter churns, but when Mr. Dazey came up with the idea for the “floating arm” portable light he decided to restructure his company into a lamp manufacturer that specialized in task lights.
Initially, Dazor lights were used simply as table lamps and the company grew to employ a dozen people. It was not until the eruption of World War II that Dazor lamps became famous for their high efficiency and lower costs. The government found that Dazor’s lamps helped to conserve energy and were cheaper than the traditional costly overhead lighting. They were so impressed that they replaced the overhead lighting with the more energy efficient Dazor lamps and the company grew very rapidly.
Dazor was also the first fluorescent lamp manufacturer to combine the technology of the portable task light with fluorescent light bulbs. The technology was highlighted in a display by General Electric at the 1938 World’s Fair. The lamp became popular quickly, especially among draftsman and architects of the time who found that the lights offered better visibility than traditional incandescent lights.
Today, Dazor lights are used in many industries where good lighting is essential to quality performance. Jewelers, electronic manufacturers, medical and dental professionals, artists and craftsmen all use Dazor lamps. High quality components, engineered design, and a vast attention to detail keep Dazor positioned as one of the premier lamp manufacturers in the world.
Who We Are
The name DAZOR has been synonymous with quality task lighting and magnifiers for over 80 years. Founded in 1938, the Dazor precision-balanced “Floating-Arm” revolutionized the task lighting industry in the 1940’s. Its ease of movement and durability helped establish Dazor as one of the premier lighting manufacturers in the United States and its reputation for quality is still unsurpassed.
All Dazor products use quality components and the latest lighting technology in functional, contemporary designs. Our products are designed to perform as “work” lights for the person who requires a dependable light source that can be adjusted frequently, day after day, for years. Our lighting and magnifying lamps are found today in commercial, professional, industrial, educational, medical, and residential settings throughout the world.